Monday, April 18, 2005

The Wisdom of Slate



Click here for AmazonIn reviewing my blog this evening, I noticed this intriquing Google ad on the right sidebar:

Today's Blogs
What Are The Bloggers Saying Today? The Latest Chatter in Cyberspace.
www.slate.com


Hmmm, I thought. That's pretty cool. Someone's tracking the chatter on the blogosphere. I clicked the ad and read the following:

today's blogs The latest chatter in cyberspace.

"Syria Out!"
By David Wallace-Wells
Posted Monday, Feb. 28, 2005, at 5:38 PM PT

"Syria out!": Lebanese Prime Minister Omar Karami resigned this morning, dissolving the nation's unpopular, pro-Syrian government in the face of nationalist protest that followed the assassination of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri...


Any more timely and they'd have breaking news of the Lincoln assassination and the Russo-Japanese war. How pathetic is that?

After a bit of exploration, I happened to notice a banner ad on the clickthrough page that advertised, "Five million blogs in five minutes". Once I clicked on that link, I discovered the correct page. Pity the folks running the AdSense campaign couldn't get that right.
 

No comments: