Monday, June 20, 2011

Get Your Food Stamps Here! [J.P.]

J.P. writes:

I received my last unemployment check a few months ago. That's why I was a little surprised to see mail from the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry on Friday. I've attached a copy of the mailing. As you can see, it says too bad your unemployment benefits have ended, but have you thought about applying for food stamps? Hey, why not, everybody's doing it. Why they even have a snappy name for the program for it - SNAP! And I bet it's a snap to qualify too.

Since the additional weeks of unemployment came from the feds (in PA, it was called Tier 1, 2 & 3 and eligibility was determined through a separate federal government department within the PA Dept. of L & I), how much do you want to bet the directive to "suggest" food stamps comes from the feds as well?

I'm tempted to apply just to see if I'm eligible even though I don't want or need them, the whole thing makes me sick. I'll have to think on it, somehow I don't picture myself the next J. O'Keefe!

Don't worry, J.P. It's free money!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Trust me - you qualify. I ran myself through our state's calculator and came up qualifying for about $150.00 in food stamps. I was shocked...ok - not so much on the shock part.